We all need a little bit of love in this new reality we find ourselves in. It would be rather selfish and greedy of me not to craft a mix of the rollercoaster of our most direct and valid emotional experience, right? Right.
Of course, classic consistent Venus in Taurus me went for a full agony and esctasy playlist full of girl group and femme pop songs that embrace and give the middle finger to our romantic constructs at the same time. We are of our culture and can criticize it at the same time, right? Well, for now. Who knows how long we’ll have our dear protected internet spaces to dedicate our thoughts, beliefs and worries to.
Before we go out and saddle ourselves with yet another consumer holiday, think of how you can work on loving yourself and those close to you with other tangibles other than hearts painted red and milky chocolates not all that silky.
Roses aren’t the only flower, make something out of flour (and there’s plenty of them for those with gluten sensitivities). Sing to folks, offer to take a flattering picture of them, ask if someone needs a back rub or another rub the right way between now, Tuesday and beyond.
Remember that loving is hard work that we’re lucky to get to do through all of our lives. We’ve got a full spectrum of 38 tunes from 1963 through 1968 that have been a roadmap for me, and hopefully will be for you. Let it direct your journeys for many of the days ahead.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
4) Dee Dee Sharp – Calendar Boy (1963)
6) Rose Batiste – That’s What He Told Me (1966)
8) Dawn – Can’t Get Him Off My Mind (1966)
9) The Carolines – Can’t Stop Lovin’ That Boy (1966)
11) Azie Mortimer – I Get The Feeling (You’re Ashamed Of Me) (1965)
16) Chris Clark – Do Right, Baby, Do Right (1965)
19) Aretha Franklin – Little Miss Raggedy Ann (1965)
24) The Royalettes – It’s A Big Mistake (1966)
27) The Flirtations – Settle Down (1967)
31) Jan Bradley – Back In Circulation (1965)
33) The Demures – He’s Got Your Number (1965)
34) Big Maybelle – Quitting Time (1968)
36) Rita Graham – My Cup Runneth Over (1968)
38) Henrietta – I Love Him (1963)